542 31st Street, Omaha, NE 6805
Women's Evening Guild
History: Evening Guild was orgainized May 6, 1954 under the name Business Women's Guild. In 1970, the name was changed to Evening Guild. Membership is open to all women of First Lutheran Church (FLC); women who do not belong to FLC may join as associate members, but can not hold office. We are affiliated with Women of the ELCA and participate in their programs.
Purpose: The purpose fo Evening Guild shall be to promote the objectives of FLC and the Women of ELCA. we plan to do this in the following ways.
- Create a greater interest in mission projects at home and abroad.
- Encourage service projects which benefit FLC and this community.
- Stimulate women of this church to participate in spiritual, educational and social activities involving FLC and this community.
- Promote fellowship as an opportuity for service.
- Give financial support to the above objectives.
The Evening Guild meets the first Tuesday of each month, from September through June except January. The meetings are at 6 p.m. and begin with a catered meal, followed by devotions, a program and a short business meeting. The Annual Salad Luncheon provides funds for our service and mission projects. Membership dues ar $12 per year and the cost of the catered meal is $6.
One activity of long standing is preparing and serving dessert and coffee to the residents of The Lutheran Home on the 4th Sunday of the month.